Is your Paid Marketing Strategy working? Or are your Costs Spiralling Out of Control?
Paid marketing is one of our specialities at drumBEAT Marketing and is something that every member of staff is trained and certified in. We are Bing Ads Certified Professionals and a Google Certified Partner.
Whether you work with Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads or any other paid marketing platform we can give you the help you need. From campaign creation to ongoing optimisation and landing page development, we have extensive expertise to ensure your PPC campaigns are performing effectively and providing a solid return on investment.
What is PPC?
Pay per Click marketing (or PPC as it is more commonly known), is a process of bidding for a ‘paid search’ result to appear at the top of the search results above the competition. It is normally used by companies in addition to naturally occurring organic links gained from normal SEO practices.
The main benefit of the PPC model is that you only pay each time a person clicks on the advert, irrespective of how many times the ad has appeared in the results (search impressions), so it can be a great way of raising brand awareness and generating traffic to your site.
At its most basic level, to create a PPC campaign you must first provide a list of terms (keywords) you wish to target, and then create relevant ads with carefully crafted Copy to attract visitors. You then set the amount you are willing to pay for each click on the ad, which will determine its position in the results. The trick to creating a good PPC marketing campaign is to make sure you are targeting the correct terms that will bring you relevant traffic, instead of aimlessly throwing money at generic terms, and hoping some of them will work.
The quality of your campaign is also important if you want to drive traffic to your site. Most of the ad platforms revolve around the idea of a ‘Quality Score’, which effectively grades aspects of your campaign (such as ad copy, keyword used, landing page) to estimate the effectiveness of the ad. If the platform sees your ad as having a high-quality score, the cost per click reduces. It is therefore essential to ensure your campaigns are well crafted to maintain good Quality Scores and minimise the cost per click.
Once someone has seen and clicked on your ad, the final step is to ensure the landing page is optimised to entice the visitor to complete a desired action (such as completing a sign-up form or buying a product) which is known as a conversion. Having a clear way of measuring conversion rates on each landing page is crucial to ascertain the effectiveness of your campaign. When this is tracked correctly, the information can be passed back to the ad platform, allowing you to monitor your Cost per Conversion and judge how effective your campaign really is.
A PPC campaign should be viewed as an ongoing and iterative process. Your website and the search engines will continually evolve, so it is important to monitor and adjust the campaign to minimise any wasted expenditure.
The drumBEAT PPC Approach
Here at drumBEAT, our team are experienced in all the main PPC areas (Google, Bing, Facebook etc.) and have years of experience in managing a range of accounts, from Local B2C businesses to National and International B2B Corporations.
In order to plan for a successful PPC campaign it is essential that proper research is conducted. This involves:
- Client Discussion – Talking with the client to further understand their business, the aims of the campaign and setting realistic costs per conversion.
- Keyword Research – Following the discussions we then conduct keyword research in order to build a list of relevant keywords and arrange them into relevant campaigns and ad groups.
- Landing Page Assessment – Once we have a plan for the campaigns it is important to check that the landing pages are relevant to the content of the ad and suitable for paid search campaigns.
- Competition Review – We will also double check on the competition for the keywords and what else competitors may be targeting.
Once we have the research in place, we can then start to plan the campaign. This is an vital step to maximise the efficiency of the campaign and includes:
- Campaign Structure – How the keywords are arranged to ensure they are specific and making efficient use of the daily budget.
- Targeting – Ensuring that the campaign is aimed at relevant locations, audiences, etc.
- Landing Page Creation/Optimisation – Either optimising existing pages or creating new ones for the campaigns.
- Product Feed Setup – Setting up the feed for relevant product campaigns.
When everything is in place the campaign is ready to launch. Once the client has given their approval, this will involve:
- Enabling the campaigns – Turning on the relevant campaigns.
- Monitoring – Watching the campaign to ensure everything is running correctly.
- Tweaking – Making any initial adjustments to optimise the campaigns.
One of the key parts to our PPC process is monitoring. Like SEO, PPC is a continual process, that needs monitoring and adjusting to ensure the client’s campaign is successful. This can include:
- Campaign Optimisation – Optimising the campaign to ensure ad copy and structure remain focused and relevant.
- Expansion – Growing the campaign once the initial campaigns are running, keeping within the budget and cost per conversion targets.
- Keyword adjustments – Adding any new keywords or altering existing match types.
- Negative Keywords – Ensuring relevant search terms are blocked from appearing and wasting the budget on irrelevant clicks.
If you would like to get a quote for our PPC services, or want to discuss how we could help you get a good return on your PPC investment, Please Ring – 01427 808870 – or fill in the form below.